By the shoots for the music video for Heavy, the first single from Lauri’s solo album, that took place from the 16 to the 18 of last December, some journalists from the Swedish press were there, and thanks to them we have the first spoilers about the video.
In the website www.nyhetskanalen.se has been published a short video from the set of the video, that seems to carry on the theme of Justify music video, the first video born from the collaboration with the director Owe Lingvall, for the presence of cockroaches (but real this time, not created digitally) beyond a lizard and a centipede.
Instead in the website www.vk.se has been published an interview to Lauri and two pictures can be seen too; thanks to Clare of unrealrasnews.wordpress.com and Anemita, here’s the translation of the article:
Rocking with lizards in Obbola
Outside the snow is whining, but inside the Obbola house Lauri Ylönen is standing in the middle of a groovy set design and enjoys being there. The Rasmus lead singer is going solo and chosen Village Road Film maker to make his first solo music video.
– “We are building a secret here,” he says, smiling cleverly.
With coffee, Lauri starts to tell all. On February 25th, he will appear at the Emma Gaala 2011 in Helsinki Finland to debut his new single “Heavy.” Until then, it’s all very secret. Lauri has written music and lyrics for the album coming out in March. The story of the video was created together with Owe Lingvall and Peter Hultman. Lauri likes to work with Mr. Village Road, Owe Lingvall.
– “We have made two videos with him before and been very pleased; we have the same tastes and likes to improvise.”
Cuddles with a Beam
Lauri seems to smirk as he sits with a cinnamon bun in his hand, dressed in tight leather pants, a black shirt with an asymmetrical neckline and feathers in his hair.
– “We have built a camp here, one can say, we have the whole house like ours. I live in an apartment upstairs, it’s a bit like a ’grandma hangout’ with very old stuff. When we film we put the smoke machine on and go into our “shack” – it’s like in another world. We’ve hardly been outside the door for several days.”
Tropic inhabitants have been borrowed for the video, a lizard, a bowl of cockroaches and a centipede is also on the corner.
– “I have named the lizard Magnus but I do not really like to hold him,” said Lauri but he does it anyway when the photographer Pelle asked for a picture.
More than The Rasmus
One of Finland’s greatest musical exports of all time, The Rasmus, remains the key to Lauri, but there is music that is doesn’t fit with the band as whole.
– “There are so many ideas I’ve had to put aside because they did not fit in with The Rasmus, but here they work fine! The music is different, more sweeping and electronic. I produced the CD and will release it on my own record label, Dynasty Recordings. I do not mind to having total control,” says Lauri happily.
He did not think he could feel like this again.
– “Sometimes successful ties loosen the grip a little when others start to decide to do their own things, but I have taken back the initiative. It feels like starting over – lovely!”